I was tagged by Adena at she said I need a goal to post 11 random facts about me. As Adena said is her post, there are strict rules to this game of tag.
Here are the rules:
1. Post these rules
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself
3. Answer the questions set for you in their post
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer
5. Go to their blog and tell them you’ve tagged them
6. No stuff in the tagging section about you are tagged if you are reading this. You legitimately have to tag 11 people!
11 Random things about me:
1- I hate fish and seafood. Taste, texture, smell - yuck, yuck, yuck!
2- I was very young when I had my first child...and my second, but I found the strength inside me to persevere and not be swallowed up by the system as many young girls do. I wanted to give my boys a better life and the opportunities that I did not have.
3- I always have to have the toilet paper on the dispenser a certain way. It needs to come out from the bottom, not the top. I don't know why I have this little O.C.D. thing but even in a public or work washroom I will take it off and turn it around before I use it. Yes, I am a wee bit crazy! lol
4- I love nature. The interior of Algonquin is my favorite place.
5- I want to travel and backpack and/or cycle in Europe. This is on my bucket list.
6- I have broken both of my wrist in my life time. The first time I was in grade 4 and I jumped off of a swing when I was swinging really high. FAIL! The second time was in 2007 while mountain biking.
7- Speaking of which, while mountain biking - I have bruised my tailbone really bad, but continued to ride for 4 hours afterwards to prove I am not a sissy girl to John; Bruised my ribcage, again continuing to ride as I did not want to ruin Johns ride; and when I broke my wrist I said that John can continue his ride and I walked my bike out of the trails and it over hour back to get back to the car......WITH A BROKEN WRIST. Yeah, that's right, ME = NOT A WUSSY!
8- I thought I would give triathlon a try in hopes that I don't hurt myself so much! I have come to discover however, that triathlon is a whole different kind of hurt!
9- I am a great listener and very laid back.
10- I am pretty good with directions, regardless of what my husband says.
11- I hope that I can regain my motivation for my IMMT training. I fell of the wagon hard about a week ago! BOO me!
Adena's Questions and my Answers:
1. What is your favourite ‘weird’ food to eat? Chicken noodle soup with ketchup.. when I tell people this they look at me like I am a freak..... but it is really good. YUM
2. If you could have any job/career at all, what would it be? Hmm... this is a good one. When I was young I wanted to be a biologist (marine). But I love nature so anything having to do with this would make me happy. I also think about being a Midwife as I am a nurturer and love helping/caring for others.
3. Do you know how I can get my safari address bar back permanently? I don't even know what you are talking about! Sorry!
4. What is your best race memory? seeing my husband waiting for me at the last feed station during my half Iron in Peterborough and he followed behind me to keep me going!
5. What is your favourite song right now? hold on I have to ask my son the name again............. OK, it is called 'Help I'm Alive' by Metric.
6. What is your favourite training/racing gadget? my Garmin
7. Do you prefer to train with a team, or alone? Why? I prefer to train alone as I am slow and don't want the pressure of holding someone back or pushing myself and risk injury.
8. What is in your fridge right now? What isn't in my fridge? lol If I have to list what I can think of it would be - zucchini, peppers, cucumber, lettuce, onions, apples, oranges, mango's, strawberries, carrots, spaghetti squash, cauliflower, avocados, tomatoes, cantaloupe, milk, orange juice, dill pickles, olives, hard cheese, cheese slices, goat cheese, butter, eggs, pepperoni, black forest ham, mayo, ketchup, mustard, Italian dressing, vinegar, iced wine, beer, jam, clamato juice, yogurt..... I cant think of anything else but there is not much else.
9. Favourite TV show? (if you watch TV) True Blood
10. Favourite book? don't have one.
11. Do you have any pets? If so what, name, age. no pets unless you count John.. jk! ;)
With this game I am supposed to tag 11 people but I don't even think I have 11 followers so I am going to forgo this part.
Hope you've enjoyed my post. Cheers!