Saturday, January 1, 2011

My first blog

I am creating this blog to hopefully help keep me motivated while I train for my first half Ironman distance triathlon.  My fitness going into this is on the lower end of the 'ok' scale.  I have been mountain biking for the last 8 years or so with my husband Lord of the Chainrings and have done a couple mtb races throughout those years.  Granted I am not the best there is but I have fun doing it as I love the outdoors. 
Last year I completed two sprint triathlons and going into 2011 I will be competing in the Toronto Women’s Half Marathon, Milton Sprint triathlon, Muskoka Long triathlon, the Peterborough Half Ironman triathlon and the Milton Women’s Olympic triathlon.
Throughout this journey my idea was to post pictures of my body to watch the transformation and maybe help motivate others and prove that they can challenge themselves to do whatever their hearts desired.  I am a busy woman with loads of stress.  I have three boys, two of which will be starting college and university in the fall so we are stressing on program selection, school choices and financing.  Then I have a very high maintenance husband and I am his domestique in every way.  He is a very lucky man!!!  :)    He will be competing in Ironman Lake Placid in 2011 and did the Muskoka 70.3 in 2010.  As well, I work full time and I am studying part-time for some professional accreditations.  With all this I need so squeeze in a whole lot of training.  January 2nd I begin so here we go.  Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. I think you should concentrate on your Domestique skills, they could be improved. I can help you with that of course ;)

    Do we get to see nekkid pics of your body on here? To watch the transformation?? Yummay!!! :)

    ReplyDelete